15.3.09

The Goods

Here's my haul from my shopping binge this week. I don't think I need to go shopping for a good long time now, I've got more than enough to work with. lol.

DSC04465

These are my new toys. It took a good 2 weeks for my hand carders to get here from CA, and I think in part that was due to the metal tines. The box was probably irradiated by every major postoffice from west coast to the east. They may be radioactive by now.

The supported spindle is a Tabachek tibetan spindle in canarywood, the bowl also by Tabachek in cherry. They're wonderful, though I still can't draft while spinning it, like this woman. And the little bitty spindle is a Bosworth mini in maple. Hopefully I will now be able to spin a 3-ply sock yarn with decent yardage. :) Am I the only one who has a hard time distinguishing woods with out a notecard or something? The differences are subtle.

DSC04470

bfl galaxy sampler

That's my ginourmous haul from Spunky Eclectic. The second one is much darker irl, it's the galaxy sampler, in bfl, not shetland.
The top is left to right, gin and tonic, thunderstorm, blush, sangria and route 66. That should keep me busy for a while right?


The new carders have got me started on spinning up the romney but I'll save that up for the next post with all the details. I'm not sure I'm carding right though. I get fluffy clouds, instead of punis. The yarn's got a super huge halo and I'm not sure I want that. I wish I could get just one ounce more and try again with my combs. Maybe it's time to peruse ebay. :)

1 comment:

pique said...

I'm so jealous! Even of your radioactive carders...

I can't tell one wood from the next. I would have to take their word that they're not selling me pine or chip board.

Your spindles are so pretty. And the wool! I've been trying my hand at kool aid dyeing, but of course it can't even compare. Can't wait to see what you do with it!